Bread Making vol. 1 (In English)
In this hands-on course you will learn to bake fantastic bread, using the key principles of our baking philosophy. You will acquire the methods to bake a range of delicious breads – including our signature Øland wheat bread, a traditional Danish rye bread, and our famous cinnamon rolls.
- 16 participants
- 5 hours
- Nørrebrogade 52 C, 2200 København N
The course highlights a type of dough that is very moist and produces a flavourful bread with a great texture. During the course, you will learn the techniques related to this type of dough, including mixing, kneading, proofing, shaping and baking. We will also introduce the use of sourdough. In short, all the knowledge and skills required to make great bread at home!
All flours and grains used are organic.
You will learn to:
• Mill your own flour in a home grain mill (not required to make the recipes at home)
• Adjust the ratio of whole grain flour to plain flour for the desired taste and texture
• Properly mix, knead, shape, proof and bake breads with moist dough
• Make our signature Øland wheat bread
• Make a traditional Danish rye bread with 100% rye
• Make wholegrain wheat rolls
• Make our famous cinnamon rolls
• Samples of all the baked goods to take home
• Sourdough to take home
• Dough for next morning’s bread
• Coffee, tea and cold drinks during the course
• A spread of cold cuts and relishes to enjoy with the fresh bread